If you’re thinking of replacing your bathroom floor there are some things to consider while you’re shopping around.
Along with the many different designs and styles of flooring available, there are also a wide variety of prices. The prices range from dollars to thousands of dollars per square foot depending on the material you choose to use. At the lower end of the price scale is linoleum, some tiles and woods. At the higher end of the price line there is granite, marble and some higher end tiles. When choosing your floor it is important to stay within your price range, and to choose something that you can live with for a while, since replacing bathroom floors is not something that a lot people do on a regular basis.
Many people do not take this into too much consideration when choosing a bathroom floor, but it is important to keep in mind that some of the things used in the bathroom can be heavy and when dropped may cause damage to floor. If you choose a floor that is thin and drop something onto it, the floor may be scratched or broken. When choosing a floor be sure to choose something that can stand up to the test of time and is durable.
The installation is perhaps the most important step in the whole process. You want to make sure that the floor you chose is properly installed and will not begin to lift of warp. After all a lot of time and money went into finding the perfect floor for your bathroom, you want to be able to enjoy it before problems start to arise from it not being properly installed. To prolong the life of your floor it should be installed by a professional who is experienced in installing the type of floor you are using. Most bathroom layouts are not perfectly square which can cause problems when trying to install the flooring yourself. The majority of floors require special cuts to fit correctly. That is why it is probably wise to choose a professional instead of trying to install the flooring yourself.
Because you are going to have your bathroom floor for years to come, it is important that you are aware of any special care that your floor requires. If, for instance, you chose tile, it is recommended that you reseal the grout every few years to prevent it from staining and cracking. Most types of floors have special instructions that you need to follow once it has been installed to prolong the beauty and longevity. If you follow the instructions for maintaining your floor, there is no reason for it to lose any of its shine or design.A bathroom floor is a choice that requires a lot of thought, you will have to look at it every day so choose something that you will enjoy and will not get tiresome after a few months.…
If you’re thinking of replacing your bathroom floor there are some things to consider while you’re shopping around.
Whether your motivation is to enhance your usage experience or to enhance your home’s resale value, a bathroom remodel project is one of the best investments a homeowner can make. In terms of maximizing the benefits, few can argue that renovating your bathroom will offer the most bang for the buck in terms of payback when it comes time to sell while allowing you the extra comfort and enjoyment while you are still in your home.
Much like a kitchen, the bathroom tends to be one area where potential home buyers have strong emotions. A functional and stylish bathroom can literally make or break the deal when you put your home on the market. But resale potential is not the primary reason to consider your bathroom renovation. Sure we all would like as much money as we can get, but why not enjoy your home to the fullest while you are still in it? Plus, with the economy in a down trend, more and more people are choosing to spruce up their existing homes instead of moving to a new home. You can save a lot of money by remaining in your home and simply improving it instead of moving. For the long-term, that decision makes a lot of sense financially.
Your renovation project can be as simple or elaborate as you desire. It is amazing what a new mirror and a new coat of paint can do for a bathroom. If your budget and energy allows, you can get really ambitious and knock out walls, install a new tub or shower, add new cabinets, and a number of other things. The only limit to your project will be budget and imagination.
Before you begin any project, you need to plan carefully. the last thing you want to do is begin a bathroom renovation that renders it useless for weeks because you didn’t realize the impact of changes you made or because you ran out of funds before you finished. The best way to avoid these types of planning mistakes is to use the services of a professional contractor. A professional will know the process, know the right subcontractors, and be able to steer you towards a successful completion. If your project is relatively small, then you can probably do it yourself without any help. But when pipes need to be moved or electrical outlets need to be moved, unless you really know what you are doing, do not attempt these types of tasks by yourself. Always leave these types of jobs to the professionals.
A bathroom renovation can make a big difference in your enjoyment of your home while adding potential resale value. If you don’t have the bathroom of your dreams already, look into an upgrade. Whether you want a major facelift or just new counters and lights, you will be happy you did. And the older and more worn your current bathroom is, the more you will probably enjoy your new one. The best part is that there are many options available regardless of your budget, just get creative and enjoy the experience.…
Bathroom remodeling has the second highest return on investment of any renovation you can do in your home. It is right next to kitchen remodeling for ROI.
A bathroom remodel can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars, to tens of thousands. It all depends on your budget, your home and your goals.
No matter what your budget, you have 2 goals with a bathroom remodel. To increase its beauty and to increase its function.
Here are 8 areas you need to consider whether you are thinking about just freshening up, or completely renovating your bathroom. The great thing about this list is you can choose to do 1, 2, or all of them in any combination, and still make a big impact on your bathrooms usability and look.
The first thing you are going to notice when you walk into your new bathroom, are the cabinets. New cabinets will improve your bathroom almost instantly.
Cabinet prices range a lot, from cheap particle board to custom construction. But, you can usually find something quite elegant for a reasonable price if you shop around.
Even if you can’t afford to upgrade your cabinetry, new hardware will make a huge difference. Whether you have replaced your cabinetry or not, there are literally thousands of different items you can pick out to enhance your look.
It is amazing how a nice set of hardware will make even a mediocre cabinet look high end.
New bathroom fixtures, including faucets and sinks etc should be chosen to fit in with the style of the cabinetry and the overall look. You don’t want to put modern fixtures in with elegant old fashioned cabinetry and hardware.
Even if you can’t upgrade your cabinets, adding new fixtures, as long as they are a similar style, will make a big difference in the feel of your bathroom.
Flooring / Tile
There simply isn’t a better finish for a bathroom floor than tile. Usually bathrooms aren’t that large, so the cost difference over other options will not even be that significant. Its possible find inexpensive tile if you look around for sales. It is also possible to find very expensive, elegant tile, depending on your budget.
Another popular option is linoleum, but if you can find inexpensive tile, it will definitely have a bigger impact, for probably a similar cost.
Creating a storage wall is always a great investment. Bathrooms never seem to have enough storage, but by building a storage wall, you can get small items out of your way, and create an attractive display.
Adding a big mirror to your bathroom will accomplish 2 things. First of all, it is a very practical addition, allowing you to get ready with ease. Second, it will make your small bathroom look larger.
If your bathroom is bright, it doesn’t matter if it is small. It will feel bright and comfortable. There are many choices of different bathroom lights available starting at the very inexpensive and moving up to very extravagant.
Tub or Shower
In Panama, bath tubs are not very popular, but they are gaining acceptance. Whirlpool tubs are built in many different sizes and shapes. They will fit into any spot where an existing tub exists, and often even where there is an existing shower.
These 8 improvements can be done on their own, or in combination with a complete bathroom remodel. It all depends on your budget and goals. But, if you want to freshen up your bathroom, these are the 8 areas you need to think about.
The first thing you need to do is determine your budget. And then, look at each one of these items to decide which you can change, and which you can not.
A bathroom remodel, whether small or large, will make your home a much more enjoyable place to be. And it will make your home more valuable when you go to sell.…
New furniture and a fresh coat of paint is all it takes to give many rooms in the house a totally new look. Yet, bathrooms are usually a completely different story. If you have plans to renovate a bathroom at home, read through this article to learn about some of the important factors of a bathroom remodel.
1. How Far do You Want to Go?: When you decide to renovate a bathroom, you will be faced with an array of choices. One of the first and most important things to consider when deciding to renovate a bathroom is how big of a change you want to make. Do you wish to scrap the entire space and start from the beginning? Possibly you love the look of the bathroom, but just want a new bath or shower system. Or you could simply want to freshen things up with a new colour of paint and updated fixtures. Whichever route you choose to take, until you know how far you want to take this renovation, you cannot move ahead with your plans.
2. Contracting the Job to a Professional: Once you know how big the renovation project is going to be, you will have to decide whether you will be taking on this project yourself or hiring a professional bathroom remodelling company. For simple things like changing hardware and re-painting, you can most likely do that yourself. However, if you are starting from scratch and install all new flooring and a new bath and shower system, you will want to hire a professional. Professionals will be able to deal with any plumbing or electrical issues that could arise in a renovation.
3. Function of the Space: Now that you know how big of a renovation you want and whether or not you are hiring a team of professionals, it is time to think about the overall function of your soon-to-be new bathroom. Now there are obvious uses that don’t need to be mentioned, but aside from those, what else do you want this space to offer? Will this be a smaller powder room for guests? Is this a larger, common bathroom that the whole family uses, therefore it needs to be more durable? Or perhaps it is your private ensuite that you wish to turn into your own personal spa-like space. Knowing what you want from your new bathroom will help you know which direction to go in terms of budget, layout and design.
4. Budgeting for Your Project: With the technical aspects out of the way, you can start to organize your budget for the renovation. If you are hiring a professional contractor and doing a full renovation, your budget will obviously be much higher. You should also be setting aside an emergency fund in the case that something should happen during the process if this is what you are planning to do. You are dealing with much more in a bathroom renovation as opposed to a bedroom or living room because plumbing gets thrown into the mix.
5. Budget Your Time: One more important thing to do when planning a bathroom renovation is to set a timeframe for the actual process. Whether it will be a long or short process, be sure to allow for some flexibility. By allowing for flexibility, you will be prepared in case there is unexpected structural or plumbing problems, delivery or manufacturing delays or other outside issues.…