Your bathroom is perhaps the most important room of your house. But most of the time it is neglected. While you decorate your bedroom and dining space, it’s sometimes essential to remodel the bathroom too. This not only adds beauty and enjoyment to your home, but also increases the value of your home if you wish to sell it in future.
However, remodeling your bathroom is not an easy task and can be costly too. You need to consider the flooring, paint, and other essentials like the sink, mirrors, showers, bath tubs and other accessories. If you’re not careful, you could easily end up with a bathroom that’s anything but what you had wanted it to be. So, it is of extreme importance to have a good plan in place before you begin.
Hiring a reputed bathroom remodeler makes a lot of sense in this regard. Not only do you ensure a cleaner and better installation that way, but also good quality accessories and a higher level of satisfaction. Here are the facilities a good company will provide you for bathroom remodeling:
* Easy and quick installation of the Sinks and Mirrors: Perhaps you have already purchased sinks and mirrors by your own. Many companies in the market will refuse to take your project because you haven’t bought the materials from their catalogs. However that should never be a problem with reputed and honest remodeling companies. No matter where you buy the products from, they will make sure that they are installed quickly and easily in the right way.
* Constructing the floors and walls: Regular use will change the surfaces of the tiles and ceramic over time, necessitating their replacement. An experienced service provider will give you an accurate estimate on the time required to finish your project. A bathroom is an absolute necessity in the house and a competent remodeling company will make sure that you are ready to use it again as soon as possible.
* Installing the perfect showers and bath tub: In some cases, the existing bath tub is measured and a new one is fitted over it, for a very quick remodeling. In other cases, the old bath tub is professionally cleaned to make it look like new again. Make sure that your appointed remodeler is taking care of all the scratches, chips, and water stains on the bath tub and the shower area. They will also use non-harmful and non-staining chemicals that both clean and disinfect.…
The bathroom has finally grated on your last nerve. The 80’s brown and orange has got to go. If you have reached a similar point, it can be very intimidating to decide on a bathroom remodel contractor. The last thing you want to do is discover that you have hired a sub-par professional. Not hiring a quality contractor can lead to the job costing more than estimated, missed job completion deadlines and much frustration.
To avoid this, be sure to interview several contractors. This will allow you to get a good feel for what is standard in the industry in your area and to become comfortable with the person you decide to hire.
Here are several questions you might want to ask during the interview process.
1) “How long have you been remodeling bathrooms?” This question is similar to “How long have you been in business?” but gets at the heart of the experience a particular contractor might have. He or she may have recently started a new business but has years of experience in the industry. Just because the business is new does not indicate that the job will be done poorly. However, it is probably best to ask both questions and steer clear of new businesses if you can. They may be good at the work but business issues can distract and cause delays.
2) “Are you insured?” This is a big one. If something goes wrong with your job you want to be sure that you can recoup losses and you are protected.
3) “Do you pull the appropriate permits and is this cost covered in the estimate?” You want to make absolutely sure you have proper permitting for your job. Not having permits can cause you to run afoul of government agencies and cause headaches. Making sure the costs are in the bid ensures you don’t receive add on “surprises” at job completion.
4) “Do you provide references?” This is a great way to help select an bathroom remodel contractor. By talking to previous customers, you can get a feel for the kind of work the contractor does and how he or she conducts himself during the job. You can find out if the workers were rude, cleaned up the job site poorly, played loud music, etc. These might not impact the quality of the job but they can be very frustrating and are good to know up front. Ask for several references from recent jobs.
These are just a few questions to ask. In the end, however, listen to your intuition and make sure you are 100% comfortable with the company you hire. Ask lots of questions and wait a day or two before signing a contract to give you time to reflect.
If you follow these guidelines you will much more likely to hire the right contractor for your bathroom remodel. Happy remodeling!…